Team Spirit

Team Spirit

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Well we have tail lights!

YAY!!!  So after I posted the first blog and sent everyone the link on facebook, a friend of mine saw the post and her husband works at NAPA in Jacksonville.  He read my post and I am pretty thankful he did.  I called and chatted with him for a few minutes and he actually confirmed for me what I had wanted to do to begin with but was a little apprehensive because I did not want to fry anything else.

OK so underneath the hood if have a little box for Fuses and Relays.  I did notice that there was not a relay in the slot for the Park Lamp Relay.  I had gone to the parts store and asked them, do I need that one?  They said I didn't because they could not find it in the computer (this was in Cabot not at the NAPA store.) So this was always in the back of my mind about this relay.  I had already put a new switch in so I knew that was not the issue.  (By the way I have an extra one if any of you need a headlight switch for a 2003 Dodge Caravan.) Changed out the light bulbs, no go.

So I am talking to this guy at the NAPA store, I am not naming him because I didn't ask him if I could, and he said to take one of the other relays out like for the horn and plug it in for the Park Lamps.  This is the confirmation I needed to know that I was not going to fry something.  I did that and now the lights work.

SOOOOO I go to the parts store, take out the relay, take it in, and say "I need one of these".  They looked, and they don't have it.  Not that my van doesn't need it, but that they don't have it.  I am going to have to get it from Dodge.

So now we don't have a horn.  I told Stephanie, and she said, "That's OK, we don't need it.  Since the window won't go up, I can just yell out the window at people if I need them to move!"  I love that girl so much.

We got an unexpected blessing as well yesterday.  If you read this you know who you are and we are so very thankful.  We love you and thank you for listening to God, that is way more important anyway.

God is so very good to us, I really do not know where we would be today had it not been for Him.  With all the stuff that goes on with us, He has totally taught me to be patient and wait on Him.  Don't think I don't get frustrated, because I do, I am human and has one of our pastors sons said one time, Dad I was born into sin. (he said that after he punched his brother...LOL)  But God always wants us to turn our eyes on Him so that H knows that we know who is in charge!

Now to get the window fixed!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment