Most of you know that Steph was in the hospital for about a week, mainly due to her MS. While we were there we had great nurses and doctors and as hospital stays go, it was a good experience. But while she was there, my attitude was attacked by the enemy. I had hurt some feelings because I had made a request to not have a whole bunch of phone calls or texts while we were there, that if I had an update that I would let the couple of people know and they could pass the word along. Come to find out it had hurt feelings. That was never my intention and I can’t tell you how frustrated it made me. I dwelled and stewed on it until I started getting angry. On top of that one other thing happened that I won’t go into detail about, but I was thinking “REALLY!” I just need you to help! I stewed on this at least until Sunday, and let me tell ya I was fuming.
It wasn’t until Monday morning when we were doing our devotional with our kids, reading our Streams in the Desert, that I realized that the enemy was attacking me. I have been trying for so long to remember the blessings and to understand that we are going through a storm and we praise God in the storm. I took my eyes off of Him for just a min and let Satan in to attack. Praying and doing our devo Monday morning helped me to bring it back.
I knew that I had not done anything wrong, and what I had asked for was not out of line. I know that when trouble comes it is an opportunity for Satan to strike.
We have been so blessed through all of this, our pastor and a couple of other folks came up to the hospital and prayed for Stephanie. That very same evening she came home. Thank you Lord for listening.
We had family and friends take care of our kids while we were out. I praise God for the people in our life. The positive ones and the negative ones. We love them all.
Thank you Lord for my job at Acxiom, thank your for the team of people that I work with. They brought us a bunch of frozen casseroles and meals that all we have to do is pop in the oven and bake. Thank you Lord for providing for our needs.
Thank you Lord for giving us people that are obedient to YOU. They gave us a gift out of their obedience, but what impressed me the most is them listening to you, that warmed my heart so much more than the gift itself. I praise you Lord for putting people in our life that WANT to listen to you and don’t look at it as a set of rules that they MUST follow.
Father, you have given us so much and blessed our family abundantly. We have shelter, we have food and you have blessed me with one job and further blessed me with the opportunity to work somewhere else as needed! God you are amazing and we love you!
We are not perfect and I don’t want you to think we are. You make get sick of hearing all of this, but I write these because I want you to see we struggle with many things, frustration, finances, being a dad or mom, being a kid. I try to teach my kids to find the blessing in everything, and the blessing may not be for you it may be for someone else. Your reaction to a situation could have a huge affect on someone elses’s attitude.
We love you guys and we thank you for reading. Keep praying for us, because you know, that is how my wife keeps getting better everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment